A client based in Oman is interested in earning an MBA from a US university’s online programs so we have been looking into these programs a bit lately. Since this is a wide open area, our search has also covered a wide range of schools. We have looked at highly ranked, world class, AACSB accredited schools as well as schools that immediately come to mind when you think of online education. Then we have looked at schools you may have never heard of. There are obviously great differences in the focus, quality, and rigor of these programs, but what we are posting here is tuition information. Almost without exception, this was not easy information to find. Few schools actually tell you the program cost or total tuition costs. Most will give the cost per credit hour on one part of their website (perhaps buried in an FAQ page) and gives the total credit hours in another site (like the curriculum details).
Considering customer service has a significant impact on enrollments at these programs, I am disappointed by how difficult this information is to find.
Anyway, here is the total tuition cost (not including any supplemental fees, supplies, or anything else) for some of the schools we looked at. It is such an interesting range of prices.
- Ashford University – $23,856
- Devry University – $36,080
- Drexel University – $58,000
- Duke University – Reported to be $146,600
- Not 100% online. Requires five residency experiences at the Duke campus.
- Florida Tech University – $31,320
- Indiana University – $58,395
- IU’s website says: “The Kelley School’s tuition is among the most affordable of the top-ranked graduate business schools in the United States. “
- Kaplan University (general MBA) – $19,845
- Northeastern University – $65,000
- Information only provided if you contact an enrollment counselor
- Norwich University – $39,012
- Temple University – $70,000
- University of North Carolina – $89,000
- This is not 100% pure online and “The cost of lodging and food for four weekend immersions – of which attendance at two is required – is also included in tuition.” The figure excludes travel to and from UNC.
- Walden University – $28,980